The Concert Band begins at the conclusion of the marching season. Concert Band is broken into three separate bands, Freshmen band, JV band and Varsity band. Each band will learn full orchestral music and be introduced to the fundamentals of music theory.
Benefits of Concert Band
Concert Bands lets students focus on becoming a stronger musician. During this time students will improve their music reading and gain proficiency with their instrument.
- Chance to improve instrument skills
- Perform at seasonal concerts
- Special travel opportunities (ex. Disney World) in “trip” years
- Time with friends
- Learn to play within a larger ensemble environment
- Being part of a winning organization
Students will attend band as part of their normal school day. These class sessions are the majority of Concert Band practice sessions. However, practices outside of school hours might be scheduled closer to competition times or deemed necessary.
Students perform in four concerts a year. They will perform once with the full orchestra, a holiday concert in December, an ice-cream social in the spring and then an end of year concert
- Freshmen Region: Individual competition
- All Student Region: Individual competition
- UIL full band competition
- UIL solo & ensemble
Every other year students will be given an opportunity to travel with the band for an end of year adventure. In the past these trips have included Disney World in Florida, New York City and Disneyland in California. Students will have opportunities to raise money towards this trip throughout the course of the school year. These trips are optional.